[open-science] Next Working Group Coordination Meeting - Monday 22 December 2014, 17:00 UTC

Jenny Molloy jenny.molloy at okfn.org
Wed Dec 17 08:00:14 UTC 2014

Hi All

Sorry for the deluge of calls these few weeks! This is an invitation for
anyone who is interested to join the December open science working group
coordination call with the coordination team and local group leads.

Pad: https://pad.okfn.org/p/sciencewg-coord-Dec2014
Link to call will be placed in the pad 10 mins in advance of the meeting.

Wiki (including notes from Nov 2014 meeting):
http://wiki.okfn.org/Open_Science/WGCoordination#Working_Group_Coordination_Meetings

Due to limited attendance at general working group calls and to avoid
splitting the community, this will double up as the monthly catch-up call
for the working group.

It is focused somewhat on practical and working group specific matters so
for your general open science conversation pleasure, we highly recommend:

UTC-8 to UTC+4: Mozilla Science monthly calls are excellent so do dial into
these!
https://wiki.mozilla.org/ScienceLab/Calls

UTC to UTC+12: We are starting an Asia-Pacific monthly call:
http://wiki.okfn.org/Open_Science/APACMonthlyCalls

Example of things you could bring to the coord call include:

   - Your thoughts on the local groups and Ambassador scheme (on which we
   are currently consulting).
   - Requests for support in setting up a new local group.
   - Ideas for new initiatives you think the working group should start.
   - Offers to volunteer on the coordination team are always welcome!

Thanks very much all and hopefully speak to some of you soon!

Jenny