[open-science] Invitation: DNAdigest hack day on Saturday August 2

Fiona Nielsen fiona.nielsen at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 13:02:19 UTC 2014

Prototyping Data Discovery Tools for Genomics Research

Apologies for cross-posting. please share this invitation with your
colleages and contacts in human genomics/genetics

Saturday 2nd August is our next scheduled Hack day
<https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/dna-digest-hack-day-tickets-12273298767?internal_ref=login>
that DNAdigest team is really looking forward to. Everyone with an interest
in the topic including software developers, scientists, patients, medical
professionals and family is invited. A broad perspective from participants
will allow for innovative ideas and unexpected solutions. The event will be
held in the Future Business Centre <http://futurebusinesscentre.co.uk/> in
Cambridge. See the map
<http://futurebusinesscentre.co.uk/explore-the-centre/location-and-maps/>.
We will brainstorm and prototype new tools for data discovery and knowledge
sharing for genomics research and further develop the ideas for Data
Discovery we came up with in our previous Hack Day
<http://dnadigest.org/summary-hack-day-april-5th/>. Registration is free
and the event starts at 9:30am. To participate, please sign up visit our
Eventbrite page
<https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/dna-digest-hack-day-tickets-12273298767?internal_ref=login>
.

Cheers,
-Fiona-

--
--> Join us for the next DNAdigest Hack Day on August 2:
http://dnadigest4hd.eventbrite.co.uk

https://www.vizify.com/fiona-nielsen

Read "Data barriers limit genetic diagnosis":
http://www.nature.com/news/data-barriers-limit-genetic-diagnosis-1.12414

“Excellence can be achieved, if we:
Care more than others think is wise,
Risk more than others think is safe,
Dream more than others think is practical,
Expect more than others think is possible.”
- Deborah Johnson-Ross