[open-science] Forthcoming EU consultation on open science

david osimo david.osimo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 13:01:26 UTC 2014

All
as anticipated, following up on of our work on Science 2.0 (thanks for
your help), the EC is launching a consultation on Science 2.0 / Open
Science.

The consultation will start next month, as anticipated by Máire
GEOGHEGAN-QUINN yesterday at ESOF.

You can see the full version of her speech here:
http://www.makingspeechestalk.com/ch/CommentMaire/?id_speech=35

"But we, as policymakers at European level, need a better understanding
of the dynamics of Science 2.0 and its possible impacts on science and
research policy in particular. We want to discuss with the wider public
whether we have identified the key drivers and constraints, the
incentives and benefits.
And that is why we will launch within the next fortnight a wide-ranging
public consultation to increase awareness of the issues, to understand
the views and concerns of everyone involved and to fine-tune our own
analysis."

It will be important to present strong arguments on why open science
matters and what should be done.

david