[open-science] Reproducible Science Hackathon: Curriculum & Workflow Development

Jenny Molloy jenny.molloy at okfn.org
Wed Oct 8 12:11:04 UTC 2014

Hi All

See below, I would love to apply but I have holiday plans that week.
Deadline is 10 Oct so you have a couple of days left and travel support is
provided.

If anyone goes and would be happy to blog for the working group (or at
least send us a summary email) that would be fantastic.

Jenny

==================================
Reproducible Science Hackathon:
Curriculum & Workflow Development
==================================

Goal: Develop a short course curriculum for tools, resources, and practices
for reproducible science.

Location: NESCent, Durham, NC
Dates and times: December 8 - 11, 2014; 9 am - 5 pm each day

To apply: http://goo.gl/GzS118 ; deadline October 10, 2014. Successful
applicants will be notified by October 17th.

Synopsis

Making science more reproducible has enormous potential to accelerate
scientific advance, including for practicing individuals. Despite this, the
tools and approaches that are already available are rarely taught. To
address this, we are organizing a 4-day workshop aimed at developing, and
later teaching, a short course curriculum for tools, resources, and
practices for reproducible science. A part of the workshop will also be
devoted to addressing gaps that hinder the broad adoption of such
resources. The event will be held December 8-11, 2014, in Durham, NC, at
the National Evolutionary Synthesis Center (NESCent). We aim to assemble a
diverse and interdisciplinary group of participants, and invite those
interested to apply by Oct 10 at http://goo.gl/GzS118.

The full Call for Participation can be found here: http://goo.gl/IzACr3