[open-science] [okfn-discuss] Community Integration?: Afterthoughts

Jack Park jackpark at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 15:27:19 UTC 2014

A pad might make sense.
I'd like to toss in an idea that builds on Jenny's "map of the
participants" by adding a "map of the topics they share" (a topic map,
which includes people, their topics, and relations among all of them).
Topics could easily be extended to include projects, lab notebooks, data,
and even software.

If a particular software becomes a topic in a topic map, it can then be
connected to its users, projects using it, data it processed, reports
generated by the work, and so forth.

If the topic map also happens to include topics each of which is a
question, claim, or argument from conversations around projects, then the
entire map contains all that is knowable to it as generated by the
participants.

If a topic happens to be a biomolecule under study, then, in effect, the
topic map grants a social life to that molecule.

Just a thought.