[open-science] H2020 Open Access Guideline:

Egon Willighagen egon.willighagen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 08:00:28 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 8:50 AM, Ignasi Labastida i Juan
<ilabastida at ub.edu> wrote:
> That is a consequence of puting so many labels to the concept "open access"
> Currently we have green, golden, platinium... and in my opinion we have lost
> the real definition or the ultimate goal.

Quite so. What matter is basically just these user rights:

- redistribution
- modification
- sell it

It's really not that hard, but still too many people can mess it up.
The "sell it" is bascially the omission of NC clauses, which have an
unclear legal status. Is a private university that sells education
(high education fees) commercial or not?

Egon

--
Dr E.L. Willighagen
Postdoctoral Researcher