[open-science] geo-microbiology

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Feb 4 10:30:02 UTC 2014

Thanks Tom,
Thinking about the subject I think we can identify several simple
vocabularies:
* microbial species. We should be able to do this already
* metal ions and oxidation states (also possible)
* minerals by name (e.g. chrysotile)
* your keywords

The key to success is:
* the results should be useful
* people are prepared to contribute simple vocabularies - Ross created one
in a relatively short time.

The problem is access - EuropePMC probably doesn't cover much of this so we
need to identify journals and build a crawler.