[open-science] [Open-access] Elsevier: some facts, by Tim Gowers

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Fri May 2 16:16:04 UTC 2014

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 9:01 AM, Michelle Brook <michelle.brook at okfn.org>wrote:

> And to reiterate Tom's point - I'm really keen to see as much of this data
> captured in one place as possible (across countries, across publishers). It
> would be great if someone on this list could commit to running with this! I
> also agree with Tom that this data should be made openly available on
> figshare/other open data publisher when thats done.
>
> Toolwise - might it be sensible to boot up a googledoc or wiki page to
> start capturing the data?

Dunno what "commit to running with this" means, but fwiw, I have created a
copy of Stuart's spreadsheet on the CC Google Drive and opened up access to
everyone. If Stuart has objections to this, I can close it off, but I will
assume that by making a copy, we are no longer impinging on Stuart's
employment obligations and restrictions. Of course, all credit to Stuart
for giving us a running start.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Avt-G30CZ3ZndEtXSVNqTWhCazhSSEhJS3F1bktaaFE&usp=sharing

Please start adding to the above document. It will remain in existence at
least as long as CC remains in existence. I will add (well, in fact, any
one of us can add) other visualizations to it. For example, geographic,
publisher and combo distributions.

--
Puneet Kishor
Manager, Science and Data Policy