[open-science] Science at OKFest's preliminary program

Jenny Molloy jcmcoppice12 at gmail.com
Fri May 23 14:29:37 UTC 2014

Kaitlin Thaney and Karthik Ram are also running a session in the Tools
session which is not immediately obvious on the list:

Skills and tools for web native open science – Kaitlin Thaney (Mozilla
Science Lab), Karthik Ram (rOpenSci)

With regard to informal lunch sessions etc so we can cover topics that
didn't make it into the main programme, I think we can safely leave these
suggestions with Michelle Brook, who I'm sure will see what might be
possible and get back to us in due course. Last OKFest we organised an
informal open science dinner and drinks so that might be fun again :)

I have added a section to the wiki for additional/informal/social events
and also an attendance list of people who self identify as open science
folk - so far I've added the session organisers but do add yourselves so we
know who is likely to be around!
http://wiki.okfn.org/Open_Science/OKFest2014#Who.27s_going_to_OKFest

My understanding is we're working towards an open science for development
session as part of the open development working group satellite event. but
I'm not sure how far planning the programme for that event has got as it's
in the hands of the other working group - we'll try and confirm asap :)

Jenny