[open-science] Vici Competition: Targeted Content Track: Water Resources & Ecology - design apps and win prizes!

Violeta Cabello vcabellov at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 12:13:40 UTC 2014

Hi Marieke,

so interesting. I am a water scientist  and recently joined this group
(pending introductory email yet). It is the first open data competition on
water issues i have news of, will share it with the water use analysis
community and encourage them to participate.

thanks for sharing!

Violeta

>  Hi Everyone,
>
> Some of you may be interested in a focused track we are running as part of
> the LinkedUp Vici Competition <http://linkedup-challenge.org>. For those
> not familiar with the project - LinkedUp <http://linkedup-project.eu>
> aims to get people and institutions using public, open data available on
> the Web in educational ways - and is doing this through a series of
> prototype and app development competitions. Those who participate
> participate can win prizes, make great contacts and showcase their ideas
> and solutions to a key community of researchers and practitioners in the
> education field.
>
> For the Vici Competition <http://linkedup-challenge.org> (now open with a
> submission deadline of *5 September*) we have two Focused Tracks that
> have been designed to run alongside the open track. They comprise of a
> Focused Track and a Targeted Content Track. These tracks are looking for
> prototypes that solve a particular problem.
>
> The *Targeted Content Track: Water Resources & Ecology* will hopefully be
> of interest to the open science community.
>
> http://linkedup-project.eu/2014/06/30/vici-competition-targeted-content-track-water-resources-ecology/
> <http://linkedup-project.eu/2014/06/26/vici-competition-focused-track-supporting-developing-countries/>
>
> This track involves enhancing journal article content along with related
> research statistics and datasets to assist in discovery, learning and
> interpretation of disparate content and data. There are a selection of
> openly licensed data sets for use in the challenge.
>
> If you have any questions about the Vici Competition (requirements, data
> sets, ideas etc.) do not hesitate to get in touch
> <contact at linkedup-challenge.org>.
>
> Thanks
>
> Marieke
> --
>
> Marieke Guy
> LinkedUp <http://linkedup-project.eu/> Project Community Coordinator |
> skype: mariekeguy | tel: 44 (0) 1285 885681 | @mariekeguy
> <http://twitter.com/mariekeguy>
> Open Knowledge <http://okfn.org/>
> *Empowering through Open Knowledge*
> http://okfn.org/ | @okfn <http://twitter.com/okfn>| OKF on Facebook | Blog
> | Newsletter
> http://remoteworker.wordpress.com
>
> Have you bought your tickets <http://2014.okfestival.org/tickets/> to
> OKFestival yet? Join us in Berlin!

Violeta Cabello Villarejo - PhD Candidate
@Vzy_ <https://twitter.com/Vzy_> @WaterP2P <https://twitter.com/WaterP2P>

http://grupo.us.es/giest/  <http://grupo.us.es/giest/es>
Universidad de Sevilla
http://iaste-researchgroup.org/