[open-science] Open Science and Open Education

Brent Shambaugh brent.shambaugh at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 23:35:07 UTC 2014

Page 1:
On line 1 I am unsure what defintions mean because they have not yet been
introduced.
On line 3 I do not know what OKD means

Page 2:
In the first numbered section, enrollments is misspelled

Page 3:
"However the literature is vast and there is no mechanism widely under
consideration for systematic retrospective verification and demarcation of
reproducibility"  --- this is bold

Page 7:
"Graduate students in particular are enculturated into the norms of their
research lab, which may not reflect their own visions of how scholarship
should be performed but will strongly shape their future working practices"
----I very much agree.

"In extreme cases, it may be more difficult for students to reconcile their
values with their received perception of how to be a scientist and this
risks disengagement and alienation" -- I very much agree.

I am unsure about transition to the next paragraph.

-Brent Shambaugh

Website: bshambaugh.org