[open-science] Why do you use MediaWiki?

Ivan Ferrero ivan.ferrero1975 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 16:55:41 UTC 2015

Hi SVAKSHA thank you for your reply!

I tell you by using an example:

The Git Hub Fork feature is good, but:

1) the topic is a Psychological topic, so using GitHub would require a too
much hard learning curve

2) I don't want people to disperse to other platforms: this would result in
a fragmentation, the opposite of my project goal.
My goal is to provide people the opportunity to donate something, or buy
something in order to sustain the website.
So I need members to stay inside my platform and to give the platform e
strong identity

I had a look at publiclab.org and would be a good solution (with all the
interaction features I need), but a main purpose of my platform is to let
members to fork projects.

i.e.: John creates a project.
Mike forks John's project and develops it further.
Alex enters John's or Mike's project and is able to see the project had
been forked.
Alex now is able to have a look at both projects.

The big picture is to have a collection of all the Projects people may
choose from and improve.
All this project would be under Creative Commons and free to use.

What do you think about it?

Ivan

  [image: photo]
*Dr Ivan Ferrero*
Digital Psychologist, Mind-Body Psychotherapist
 m:+393334339624 | e:ivan.ferrero1975 at gmail.com | w:www.ivanferrero.it | a: via
Felice Bisleri 11, Milano (Italy)
 <http://plus.google.com/+IvanferreroIt>  <http://twitter.com/IvanPsy>
<http://it.linkedin.com/in/ivanpsy/>  <http://www.pinterest.com/ivanpsy/>