[open-science] Enterprise Information System for Peer Production Wireframe Mockup

Brent Shambaugh brent.shambaugh at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 04:50:00 UTC 2015

Apologies if you see this more than once. I wanted to make sure I reached
people in one full swoop. Please let me know if I went too far.

Around 4 months ago, I was talking to Jenny Malloy on the open science IRC
channel about a peer-to-peer enterprise project that I was working on. It
is meant to create virtual organizations with linked data and semantic web
technologies.  I thought that it confused people, so I said I would make
wire frames. It turns out they are wire frame animations with narration.
Basically, it is like you are watching a screen-cast of the software being
used.

I thought that I would get back with Jenny Malloy and the rest of the
people at open knowledge since there seems to have been some excellent work
with CKAN, evangelism, and niche projects like R&WBase. Mozilla Science Lab
also has a lot of energy around it, and I found the people on the calls
friendly. I found people like Raniere Silva (who is active both places),
Bill Mills, and Greg Wilson to be awesome people around Mozilla Science
Lab. I think both places have smart people building cool tools to advance
science. The semantic web list at the w3c harbors a world of experts, I've
spent the past few years on the w3c lists, and since I am referencing and
making use of their stuff, and I said I'd update ... well..

There are several places that I've put my work, but the latest update is on
my homepage at http://bshambaugh.org/eispp/. Here you will find 20 videos
with depth not unlike a graduate school project. It's funny that I went to
graduate school to get a M.S. in an engineering field. Apparently, I
learned some habits there.

Stuff comes from the Knowledge Media Institute at Open University,
Decentralized Information Group and SIMILE Project at MIT, Fenfire,
Semantics Group at VTT in Finland, Web Payments Community Group and
Credentials Community Group @ W3C, VRM Project at The Berkman Center for
Internet and Society at Harvard, countless W3C Publications, Gent
University, iMinds, KRDB Research Centre at Free University of
Bozen-Bolzano, Sensorica, ...

Here's the link: http://bshambaugh.org/eispp/.

I also set up a forum so you are only willfully spammed:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/eispp/.

Thanks guys!

My mom wondered if Google was interested in this stuff ... regrettably I
agree that it is kind of risky to put this much stuff out there.

-Brent Shambaugh