[open-science] Open Data and osf.io

William Waites ww at eris.okfn.org
Sat Jan 10 17:52:43 UTC 2015

On Sat, 10 Jan 2015 09:28:01 -0800, William Gunn <william.gunn at gmail.com> said:

    > Hi William, I know the OSF people fairly well. I'll get in touch
    > with them regarding this. Besides a more concrete definition of
    > open access and a link to the OKFN definition of open data, is
    > there anything in particular you'd like me to raise with them?

Cool, that would be helpful. I'm already in contact with them about
bugs and features that we're finding as we try to use it (trying not
to overwhealm them with featur requests!). But those are operational
details. The business about what "open data" means seemed to be more
of a philosophical thing, so perhaps better approached using
established social channels. Given the language and subject matter it
is a bit surprising that there aren't many references (i.e links in
the web pages and narratives) in both directions between CoS and
OKFN...

-w