[open-science] Why do you use MediaWiki?

Andrés Delgado andres at delgado.ec
Tue Jan 20 20:17:08 UTC 2015

Ivan,

Mediawiki is great when (1) you learn how to admin it first and (2)
there is a bunch of users on your site. If you think some project will
scale just because it is in a wiki, you are probably wrong. I have
managed 2 project (one collaborative research for public policy and one
law proposal) on mediawiki and I am not sure it was the best decision.
Spam is a big problem and it could even create problems with your
provider if it gets too big.

Can we have some details on what you are planning?