[open-science] Symposium: Incentives for data sharing - August 21, London

Fiona Nielsen fiona.nielsen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 10:13:55 UTC 2015

Dear Open Science friends,

The DNAdigest symposium is coming up on August 21st with the topic: "How
can we incentivise best practices for data sharing in genomics?"
It is my pleasure to invite you and your colleagues to join us for this
exciting event, where you can provide your input for the discussion to
influence young researchers in genomics.

Invited speakers include funders (Wellcome Trust), researchers (Cambridge
University), publishers (PLoS) and companies delivering tools for research
and data publishing (Figshare and Altmetric).

Register today to secure your place:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dnadigest-symposium-incentives-for-data-sharing-tickets-17861334733
Students are welcome for free, and for regular attendees we set the
registration costs as low as possible (15 GBP, lunch included!)

For sponsorship opportunities please see: http://dnadigest.org/sponsor-info

Please share this invitation with your colleagues and network, and do get
in touch if you have any questions ahead of the event.

Kind regards,

-Fiona-

--
Data accessibility is a limiting factor for the reuse of genomic research
data

Read "Data barriers limit genetic diagnosis":
http://www.nature.com/news/data-barriers-limit-genetic-diagnosis-1.12414

“Excellence can be achieved, if we:
Care more than others think is wise,
Risk more than others think is safe,
Dream more than others think is practical,
Expect more than others think is possible.”
- Deborah Johnson-Ross