[open-science] Citizen Science Disco & ThinkCamp - May 20th & 21st, Berlin

Margaret Gold margaret at tmc.bz
Sat May 14 11:10:44 UTC 2016

For any of you based in or near Berlin, we’d like to invite you to join us
at the Citizen Science ThinkCamp which is part of the European Citizen
Science Association Conference <http://www.ecsa2016.eu/> on the 20th & 21st
of May, at the Kulturbrauerei.

Registration is FREE on Eventbrite
<https://www.eventbrite.de/e/citizen-science-thinkcamp-and-disco-tickets-24654614616>

The event will kick-off on Friday evening at 7:00 with a Citizen Science
Disco.

This will be an open social evening to kick back, get inspired, and make
connections with other members of the local grassroots science communities
and those attending the full conference. We have a line-up of inspiring
lightning talks from interdisciplinary co-created community projects, both
local and international, followed by the chance to mingle and make new
friends. There will be snacks, a cash bar and music with a live DJ
following the talks.

→ join on facebook <https://www.facebook.com/events/242122549509965/>

The Citizen Science ThinkCamp will take place on Saturday, from 10:30 -
17:00.

The ThinkCamp is an “unconference” style event-within-the-event, to which
the local Berlin grassroots science & maker communities are invited to
collaborate together with Conference attendees on a number of Citizen
Science Challenges:

1. The ECSA Inclusiveness Challenge – How can we make ECSA a more inclusive
organisation?

2. The WeCureALZ ‘Engaging Diversity’ Challenge – Help us design unique &
effective strategies to engage and retain diverse communities.

3. The CitSci Communities of Europe Challenge – Mapping the citizen science
communities of Europe: how and why should we do this?

4. The Overleaf Collaborative Writing Challenge – How can Overleaf support
collaborative writing between academics and citizen scientists?

5. The Museum Data Visualisation Challenge – How can the visualisation of
observation data gathered in the field be made more engaging and dynamic
for participants?

6. The HealthSites.io ‘CitSci for Health’ Challenge – What Citizen Science
projects become possible with the health facilities geo data being mapped
on the HealthSites.io platform?

7. The Motion-sensing Camera Trap Challenge - Help us to design and build a
DIY Camera Trap for Citizen Scientists around the World.

8. YOUR Citizen Science Challenge – Would YOU like to pose a Challenge at
the ThinkCamp? We’ll have paper and pens ready for you to pitch your
Challenge on the day, and kick-off a new discussion!

The style is similar to a World Cafe, with an emphasis on providing an open
and creative environment for working together on new ideas, Citizen Science
projects, and technology platforms.

You are invited to join us in the Kesselhaus throughout the day, to move
freely between the different challenge discussion tables, as well as
between the ThinkCamp and the Panel Sessions in the neighbouring Palais
(a.k.a. ‘The law of 2 feet’).

It’s a great opportunity to work together with people with different
perspectives, skills, and expertise - not to mention getting fresh
inspiration, meeting potential new collaborators, and even getting involved
in exciting new projects!

→ join on facebook <https://www.facebook.com/events/854873491284399/>

We hope you can join us!

Lucy Patterson of Science Hack Day Berlin, and Margaret Gold of the Mobile
Collective.

*The Mobile Collective                              *

Mobile:   0798 563 2237
Email:    margaret at tmc.bz
Skype:   margaretgold
*Twitter:  @mobilecollectiv <http://twitter.com/#!/mobilecollectiv>      *