[open-science] A new collaborative editor for open science

The Winnower jnicholson at thewinnower.com
Fri Feb 10 17:53:11 UTC 2017

Hello list!

My name is Josh Nicholson and I work at Authorea, a startup trying to
improve how researchers write their manuscripts, grants etc. We've just
announced the release our new editor and I wanted to share it with you in
hopes that you find it useful and exciting

You can see a demo of Authorea in action here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa1ObxI_dqU

A few interesting points:
1. Each article is a git repository that allows advanced version control
and data management
2. You can write in Markdown, LaTeX, or Richtext
3. We offer direct submission to a growing list of journals
4. We are the only HTML preprint server.

You can test it yourself here: https://www.authorea.com/signup

I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have too!

Thanks for your time.

Best,
Josh