[open-science] Research Data Curation Bibliography Version 7

Heather Morrison Heather.Morrison at uottawa.ca
Wed Jan 25 19:31:17 UTC 2017

To underscore the problem with this approach, please see the Trump Twitter Archive:
http://trumptwitterarchive.com/#/

Look at the tweets. Note the lack of open licensing. Now, picture the Trump Team hearing from OA advocates pushing for CC-BY licensing that we must make everyone who receives public funding use open licensing, because if they do not we may not make copies of even insubstantial amounts of the work.

If this argument is legally correct, does Trump not have every right to demand this archive be taken down if he does not like it? If you agree with me that this is a problem, please abandon this approach to open license pressure tactics.

best,

Heather Morrison

On 2017-01-25, at 2:19 PM, Heather Morrison <Heather.Morrison at uottawa.ca>