[open-science] Open Science Fair in Athens, Greece 6-8 September 2017

Ross-Hellauer, Anthony ross-hellauer at sub.uni-goettingen.de
Tue Jul 25 09:20:06 UTC 2017

**** With apologies for cross-posting ***

Dear all,

As you have perhaps seen, OpenAIRE, along with our partner EC-funded initiatives OpenUP, OpenMinTeD, and  FOSTER, will hold the Open Science Fair in Athens, Greece 6-8 September 2017. The aim of the event is to showcase the elements required for the transition to Open Science: e-infrastructures and services, policies as guidance for good practices, research flows and new types of activities (disseminate, mine, review, assess, etc.), and the roles of the respective actors and their networks.

Registrations are still open for this exciting event: http://www.opensciencefair.eu/register

The preliminary programme is now online and promises a great line-up of speakers (http://www.opensciencefair.eu/speakers) and workshops (http://www.opensciencefair.eu/workshops).

>From keynote talks from John Ioannidis and Jeffrey Sachs, to plenaries on topics like diversity in Open Science (http://www.opensciencefair.eu/speakers), and interactive workshops on all elements of the Open Science agenda, the event will be a great chance to keep up-to-date on crucial OS issues and to contribute to moving the agenda to make scholarship more equitable, reproducible and inclusive forward.

We hope to see you there!