[open-science] Going open access - conference proceedings (Ingo Keck)

Brian Borchers borchers.brian at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 17:47:33 UTC 2017

One respected publisher of open conference proceedings that you might
consider is Dagstuhl Publishing.  They publish the proceedings volumes for
their own series of conferences and work with other conferences to publish
open conference proceedings online.

Springer is willing to make conference proceedings open, but the per
article charge is in the thousands of dollars, so this may not be
practical.

For a conference that I was the program chair for, we considered Springer,
Dagstuhl, and our own professional society.  Springer with open access was
too expensive for our budget, Dagstuhl looked good, but In the end, we were
able to negotiate a reasonably priced deal with our own professional
society.