[open-science] Reminder: Deadline for proposals to #FORCE2018 is May 1

Jennifer McLennan j.mclennan at elifesciences.org
Fri Apr 20 11:06:05 UTC 2018

(Apologies for – another! – cross-posting)

Proposals for presentations on new or creative approaches to research
communications and e-scholarship are invited to #FORCE2018 – to be held at
the Ludmer Centre of McGill University in Montreal, Canada on October 11 &
12, 2018.

FORCE2018 promises to be a different kind of meeting, where stakeholders
come to the table for an open discussion, on an even playing field, to talk
about changing the ways scholarly and scientific information is
communicated, shared and used.

Researchers, publishers, librarians, computer scientists, informaticians,
funders, educators, citizens, patients, and others attend the FORCE meeting
with a view to supporting the realisation of promising new ideas and
identifying new potential collaborators. FORCE2018 is hosted by the in
Montreal, Canada

The theme of FORCE2018 is engagement. Proposals should emphasise how
presenters are engaging their local communities – worldwide – or how they
will engage FORCE2018 participants. This might mean an interactive
presentation, showcasing the tangible impact of your work, encouraging the
FORCE2018 community to join your efforts, or another way in which others
are engaged.

Learn more about the format and theme and submit your proposal at
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScmcNJs2dx361_YZmekXNn7k8YtMKoFI1G1Rx1Ske6HVrDhGA/viewform

Learn more about the meeting at https://www.force11.org/meetings/force2018

About FORCE11

FORCE11 is a non-profit organization and community of scholars, librarians,
archivists, publishers and research funders that has arisen organically to
help facilitate the change toward improved knowledge creation and sharing.
Individually and collectively, we aim to bring about a change in modern
scholarly communications through the effective use of information
technology. We are a neutral information market, where stakeholders come to
the table for an open discussion, on an even playing field, to talk about
changing the ways scholarly and scientific information is communicated,
shared and used. Learn more and join the FORCE11 community on our website.
You may also follow us on Twitter @force11rescomm

--
Jennifer McLennan
Head of External Relations, eLife