[open-science] Open Science MOOC - feedback open!

Jon Tennant jon.tennant.2 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 09:19:41 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

I hope this email finds you all well. I'm writing to you on behalf of the Open
Science MOOC <https://opensciencemooc.eu/>, a training and education
platform that is being built by the global research community (including
many of you!).

For the last couple of weeks, we have been hammering away at the structure
and outline as a foundation for future development, and including learning
outcomes and objectives, tasks, key resources, and topical components for
each of the 10 modules. I'm happy to say that the first draft has just been
finished, and is open for feedback and suggestions from, well, anyone. The
document is openly available *here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KuTSECSYHXZmZX15GDjyD65pJ90eRMhHVEZ-1trsw30/edit?usp=sharing>*,
and we welcome comments from all of you, no matter what your background or
experiences in open science might be.

I would be especially grateful if any of you could find the time here,
given your collective knowledge and enthusiasm for all things open
science/research/scholarship/education. If anyone would like to know more,
or speak about this project on a more personal basis, please feel free to
contact me however you prefer. Hopefully we should have some more good news
on this front in the coming weeks too. For updates, those of you on Twitter
can follow the project here <https://twitter.com/OpenSci_MOOC/>.

Cheers,

Jon

   - Founder of paleorXiv <https://paleorxiv.org/>, a free digital
   publishing platform for Palaeontology.
   - Companion Website <https://paleorxiv.github.io/>
   - Founder of the Open Science MOOC <https://opensciencemooc.eu/>.
   - Freelance science communicator and consultant.
   - Author of Excavate! Dinosaurs
      <http://www.amazon.co.uk/Excavate-Dinosaurs-Paper-Toy-Palaeontology/dp/178240144X>
      .
   - Palaeontologist.