[open-science] Why are we leaving it to Google?

Emanuil Tolev emanuil at cottagelabs.com
Mon Sep 10 16:20:11 UTC 2018

Well, there's value in having people funded to think about those things
independently on medium and long term. That's why https://doaj.org exists.
It probably provides a better search experience in some ways and worse in
other ways/contexts. Either way the org behind it is very useful and the
people on the editorial team have gathered quite a lot of interesting
knowledge that orgs like SCOSS and SPARC, foundations, funders etc. then
make use of. Google eng wouldn't think of the problems in the same way as
the open science people involved in the open* mailing lists and DOAJ.

Greetings,
Emanuil