[open-science] Announcing the open source release of scholarly publishing platform, sci.pe

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 21:19:49 UTC 2019

Thank you for the announcement.

Tiffany Bogich, 12/07/19 22:36:
> approach so that not-for-profit, open access journals can benefit from
> the platform free of charge while still allowing sci.pe <http://sci.pe>
> to continue development with the support of our cloud offering and
> commercial license options.

If you are trying to describe a kind of open core model
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open-core_model>, having two licenses
usually means that there are two different codebases with one license
each. A Schrödinger's license, which disappears depending on who looks
at it, is not a public license at all, let alone a free one.

Federico