[open-science] OKFN Open Science Mailing List will close on 31 Jan 2020 - where to next?

Jenny Molloy jcmcoppice12 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 15:11:47 UTC 2019

Thanks for all the detailed suggestions on archiving! The exact wording
from the announcement email was:
"We will be keeping an archive of all lists, but currently do not plan to
keep this public. If you require a copy for your own records, please let us
know." which I took to mean that if we want a public archive someone else
will need to host it. Would anyone be willing to assess the options
provided above and make this happen? I don't have the skills to do so (or
at least, it would take a long time for me to figure it out). This could be
in conjunction with other lists, maybe someone out there will provide a
home for all the OKFN archives! I expect the other mailing lists will be
having similar discussions in the coming weeks.

I agree with the concern about dispersing to many forums although I think
that has already happened, I'm sure most of us are on many
lists/websites/chats! If people feel that a plain email-based mailing list
that is inclusive of many forms of open science is still valuable and there
are no clear alternatives, maybe someone would be willing to set up a new
one via their organisation. I for one would be interested to join but I
guess only a fraction of the 775 members of this list would hop across.

Jenny