[open-science] [X-POST] Reproducibility workshops for all! In NYC or at your institution - scholarships available!

A april.clyburne.sherin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 14:00:06 UTC 2019

Hello everyone!

For those who don’t know me, I am an epidemiologist turned open research
advocate who has been running open research and reproducibility trainings
since 2014. Recently, I went rogue to focus on bringing quality training to
more people and building a sustainable network of open research trainers.
So here I am!

------------------------------

Sci-POPS research and data literacy workshop series

If you are looking to build skills in discovering, interpreting, and
applying research, these workshops are for you!

The Sci-POPS series aims at making data and research skills accessible to
everyone. Every workshop in the series is free and held at a POPS
(privately owned public space) in New York City. Register at:
aprilcs.com/workshops/sci-pops1
<https://www.aprilcs.com/workshops/sci-pops1>

------------------------------

Wish all the workshops were free? There are scholarships
<http://aprilcs.com/scholarships> available for every workshop and sponsors
<http://aprilcs.com/sponsor> can make future workshops free! See all
upcoming NYC workshops at aprilcs.com/workshops
<https://www.aprilcs.com/workshops> or request one for your institution at
aprilcs.com/request <https://www.aprilcs.com/request>.
Level up the reproducibility of your research: a 2-hour, hands-on workshop

If you want to level up on reproducible methods and tools but don’t know
where to start, this workshop is for you!

Upcoming dates:

Tuesday, Oct. 29, 2019 from 10AM-12PM

   -

   Register at: aprilcs.com/workshops/workshop1
   <https://www.aprilcs.com/workshops/workshop1>

Wednesday, Oct. 30, 2019 from 10AM-12PM

   -

   Register at: aprilcs.com/workshops/workshop2
   <https://www.aprilcs.com/workshops/workshop2>

Reproducibility bootcamp: a 2-day hands-on workshop

If you want to push your research further down the reproducibility spectrum
with a deep dive into best practices and tools, this bootcamp is for you!

Upcoming dates:

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 at 10AM - Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 4PM

   -

   Register at: aprilcs.com/workshops/bootcamp
   <https://www.aprilcs.com/workshops/bootcamp>

Train-the-trainer bootcamp: 2-days to run your own quality reproducibility
workshops

If you are passionate about advancing the transparency and rigor of
research at your institution, this bootcamp is for you!

Upcoming dates:

Tuesday, February 4, 2020 at 10AM - Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at 4PM

   -

   Register at: aprilcs.com/workshops/train-the-trainer
   <https://www.aprilcs.com/workshops/train-the-trainer>

Thanks everyone! Don’t hesitate to email me if you have questions,
concerns, or requests!

Take care,

April Clyburne-Sherin

april.clyburne.sherin at gmail.com