[open-sustainability] Datasets/Guides for Data Expeditions at School of Data

Michael Bauer michael.bauer at okfn.org
Fri Dec 7 13:54:12 UTC 2012

Everyone,

I'm thrilled to have a open sustainability working Group - this is one of
the big challenges we face in the future.

Over at the School of Data we're collecting ideas and resources right now
for our online Data Expeditions. We thought about doing one expedition into
the hills of sustainability.

Data expeditions are an experimental open ended concept that is mainly
focussed around peer learning for data wrangling/visualization skills.
There will be minimal guidance but participants are mainly on their own
while trying to solve one quest.

Right now we are looking for a possible first data expedition quest. We
thought of doing something in the realm of open sustainability (either now
or at a later timepoint). Is there an open question that can be answered
using pre-existing data (and no-one just had time to do?)

Michael

--
Data Wrangler with the Open Knowledge Foundation (OKFN.org)
GPG/PGP key: http://tentacleriot.eu/mihi.asc