[open-sustainability] sharing our blog on open government and the environment

Carole Excell CExcell at wri.org
Sat Nov 23 13:10:16 UTC 2013

Sharing our blog on open government and the environment
http://www.wri.org/blog/open-government-partnership-it%E2%80%99s-time-deeper-engagement-environment-sector

The Open Government Partnership (OGP)-which held its most recent summit about three weeks ago-has made tremendous progress in its two years of existence. The OGP, a voluntary partnership between governments and civil society, aims to make governments more open, accountable, and responsive to citizens. Discussions at the summit made it clear that the partnership is already demonstrating impact. Sixty-two governments have now joined OGP, making 1,115 commitments to promote transparency, empower citizens, fight corruption, and harness new technologies to strengthen governance.

Carole
Mrs. Carole Excell
Senior Associate
The Access Initiative