[open-sustainability] Setting up a Cleanweb community in Berlin - any open sustainability speakers interested?

Zara Rahman zara.rahman at okfn.org
Thu Apr 10 07:12:45 UTC 2014

Hey Chris! Just to say - might be worth sending this round the Open
Knowledge Foundation Deutschland list,
https://lists.okfn.org/mailman/listinfo/okfn-de as they have a great
network across the country. Don't know if you have anyone already in the
group who could deal with responses/mailing lists in German...? Not a
huge problem if not, but I can imagine you might get a better response
if so, though of course the very large majority of people speak pretty
good English!

Zara

On 09/04/2014 17:27, Chris Adams wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Please forgive the slight off-topic nature of this post - I've been
> one of the organisers of the London Cleanweb Meetup group, and I'm
> working with a few new friends in Berlin to set up something similar
> to the monthly meetups we've been running for the last year or so.
>
> We're trying a similar format to that which worked in London  -
> creating a physical forum for people working at the intersection
> between sustainability and technology to talk about their projects,
> meet new people to work with, and so on.
>
> After each event, we put videos of the talks up online, and as a
> result we've now got a decent set of talks  by the likes of Fairphone,
> the Carbon Disclosure Project, Loco2, Carbon Culture and so on
> (http://www.youtube.com/user/CleanwebUK)
>
> However, Berlin is still new to me - are there any people on the list
> who might be interested in speaking at an event like this, or even
> checking it out?
>
> If you have a project you want to talk about, please drop me a line.
>
> If you're curious, and you're in Berlin next week, it'd be great to
> bump into you at a future event too - here's the link for our first
> event next Wednesday:
>
> http://www.meetup.com/Cleanweb-Berlin/events/175784122/
>

> Chris Adams
>
> mob: 07974 368 229 <tel:07974%20368%20229>
> tel: 0203 322 5777 <tel:0203%20322%205777>
> skype: chris.d.adams
> twitter: mrchrisadams
> www: chrisadams.me.uk <http://chrisadams.me.uk>

Zara Rahman