[Open-transport] Dutch Community wants to get in touch with the German Community

Stefan Wehrmeyer stefan.wehrmeyer at okfn.org
Sat Aug 4 12:55:21 UTC 2012

Hi Stefan,

> It seems that your national standard VDV has some Dutch implementations.
> Did you guys already write any parsers or converters to GTFS?

Not that I'm aware of, no. Also, it's the first time I heard about the VDV standard.

There is a group of hackers from Ulm (ulmapi.de) that converted some other German standard to GTFS:
https://github.com/UlmApi/swu2gtfs

Michael Kreil is currently reverse engineering the binary Hafas format from HaCon.

But I haven't heard of any normal developer even getting in touch with the VDV format.
The VDV is apparently our alliance of transport authorities. When these guys work on a standard,
it may be excellent, but it's a closed-off super expert committee standard kind a thing.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Cheers
Stefan