[Open-transport] [OpenTripPlanner] Re: Potential session at OKFEST

Andrew Byrd andrew at fastmail.net
Wed Aug 29 00:09:29 UTC 2012

On 08/28/2012 11:29 AM, Stefan de Konink wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Aug 2012, Julian Tait wrote:
>
>> It is a little bit last minute, but if there was any interest in doing a
>> session as part of the Open Transport strand of OKFEST that looks at Open
>> Fares data.
>
> Sounds as a good idea. I would also wonder if there could be a more
> 'general' workshop on low level details in OTP. A session were new
> developers can be introduced to the fine parts of OTP, and were to start
> when they want to extend the software.

Personally, I think the two most promising themes would be 1) urban
accessibility mapping enabled by open transit data (crossover with the
Open Cities interest group see
http://opentripplanner.com/2012/07/visualizing-urban-accessibility-with-opentripplanner-analyst/#.UD1djoogc24)

and as Stefan mentions 2) a crash-course technical session for people
who want to apply/adapt OTP to their region or contribute code to the
project.

While OTP does support custom fare modules, this is not necessarily our
most conference-worthy point.

-Andrew