[Open-transport] Setting our working group's goals

Stefan Kaufmann transit at shutterworks.org
Tue Nov 27 19:58:46 UTC 2012

Am 27.11.2012 13:33, schrieb Pieter Colpaert:

> I have made a document to set out working group goals. If we are working
> together, we must be clear about where to go.
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NIfSMO8ccxmzwbhayV5jFXwEQF3el5tJ-ayKYegD-70/edit#

Thanks! So far, I have not yet introduced myself as a member of the Open
Transport Working Group yet (since I considered it to be unauthorized
assumption of authority ^^), but I spoke about Open Transport at
Friedrichshafen's Open Data Barcamp some weeks ago
<http://www.ioexception.de/2012/11/10/opendata-friedrichshafen/> and, of
course, at the OpenCityCamp 2012 in Ulm.

> To be clear: this document only contains what I think, not what we
> should do. Please add your comments, freeze it later and work towards
> these goals in 2013.

I am currently very interested in whether there is any coordinated
effort to bring out FLOSS tools helping transit agencies to automate
their GTFS export capabilities as much as possible. I am currently
looking into this and am willing to shun my former plans for my diploma
thesis in order to pursue this goal (scientifically).

> In meantime I have also added an about page and a blog to
> http://transport.okfn.org. It would be great to start to see some blog
> posts there about the work you are doing in your locality. If you don't
> have access to the blog yet, let me know, I'll add your username to the
> blog authors.

I'd love to do that!

regards,
-stk