[Open-transport] Working Group admin

Laura Newman laura.newman at okfn.org
Tue Oct 2 17:18:08 UTC 2012

Hey all,

It's been really exciting to see Open Transport become so much more active
recently! As posts to the mailing lists increase and the first projects
start kicking off, I think it's well worth officially naming the working
group 'active' rather than 'incubating'. Woohooo!

In real terms, this won't make a big difference to the way things go. It's
just nice for us to be able to recognise that you are doing some awesome
things, to point volunteers and the wider community towards your
activities, and to offer you that little bit of extra support. It would
also be great if you could try to keep you public facing page (
http://transport.okfn.org/) as up-to-date and fresh as possible so that new
people feel welcome to come and join the community.

One point is that all OKFN 'active' working groups need a coordinator to
act as point person. This question was initially raised on the mailing list
a few months back. If anyone would like to volunteer as working group
coordinator now, please do drop an email to the list! I know Pieter
Colpaert has shown some interest and would certainly be excellent, but this
role could potentially be shared if several people were keen.

Well done guys, and keep up the great work! :)

All the best,
Laura

--
Laura Newman