[Open-transport] Dutch Community wants to get in touch with the German Community

Stefan Kaufmann transit at shutterworks.org
Mon Sep 17 17:47:00 UTC 2012

Am 04.08.2012 14:55, schrieb Stefan Wehrmeyer:

> But I haven't heard of any normal developer even getting in touch with the VDV format.
> The VDV is apparently our alliance of transport authorities. When these guys work on a standard,
> it may be excellent, but it's a closed-off super expert committee standard kind a thing.

This might be of interest to (German speakers) tinkering around with
VDV-45x:
http://de.slideshare.net/wayneswiss/vdv-45x-oder-google-neue-schnittstellen-fr-den-datenaustausch

I spoke to the data wizard of our regional transit authority last week,
and I am under the impression that just one parser capable of porting
VDV-452 and/or VDV-454 to GTFS could be the key to opening up dozens of
transport authorities in Germany.

regards,
-stk