[Open-transport] Call for Ideas: OKCon Transport workshop

Pieter Colpaert pieter.colpaert at okfn.org
Wed Aug 21 16:49:36 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

A year ago, we published the Open Transport Data manifest [1]. The
manifest, written together with the EPSI platform [2], suggests that it is
time for a different data policy for the transport sector and beyond: the
true potential of transport data is yet to be unleashed.

On Wednesday the 18th of September, between 14:15 and 15:45 at Room 14,
Floor 2 at OKCon, we are organizing a workshop . Our goal in under 90
minutes: discuss the next steps in better defining the problems at hand and
suggesting, examining and perhaps even starting to implement solutions.

In order to prepare for this, we are launching a Call for Ideas [3]: if you
are coming to the workshop, define your problem and how you are tackling it
(or how you would tackle it). We will discuss these ideas during the
workshop coordinated by Kat and I, and we will publish everything
afterwards as part of the workshop report. When entering an idea, you might
be asked to prepare a 5 minute lightning talk.

The workshop will be divided in four plenary debates, each of which will
start off with a lightning talk introducing one of the ideas. The workshop
is open to all stakeholders and we're hoping to welcome as wide an array of
profiles possible.

All that is left: Fill out the
form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jYmwqNS4nKSnz3xcTtJm65lI48whj-huVQqou28fehs/viewform>
[3]
:)

Please forward this mail to all people who might be interested.

[1] The Open Transport Data manifest:
https://secure.flickr.com/photos/epsiplatform/8147358070/sizes/h/in/photostream/
[2] The EPSI platform page dedicated to transport:
http://epsiplatform.eu/transport
[3] Fill out the form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jYmwqNS4nKSnz3xcTtJm65lI48whj-huVQqou28fehs/viewform

Kind regards,