[Open-transport] Next steps for Open Transport (was: Open Transport Data tools / webservices)

ding c. (cd8e10) cd8e10 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Jul 18 12:50:50 UTC 2013

Hi all,
Sorry for disturbing. I am a first year PhD student at the University of Southampton, UK, with the research interest in the use of Open Data for accessibility. I am also new to open transport community. As my current review of open transport data, there are very rare data related to accessibility. Although there are a list of current applications provides the accessible transport data, there are various formats and data structure. As inspired by Pieter' email, in my opinion, the open transport data should also involve the accessibility data in both a common transit vocabulary and a knowledge center for transit stops. transport authorities, city councils or volunteers could contribute to this knowledge center, and everyone could use it.

Kind regards
Chaohai Ding

PhD Research Student
Web and Internet Science Group (WAIS)
School of Electronics and Computer Science
University of Southampton