[Open-transport] Open Data Public Transport List?

Andrew Byrd andrew at fastmail.net
Thu Jul 18 13:59:42 UTC 2013

On 07/18/2013 03:45 PM, Stéphane Guidoin wrote:
> Why using an API:
> 1. You can analyse what people are doing: what type of data they are
> calling, how frequently. Gives you a sense of "how much useful" the data is

You can analyse how useful different data are... to people whose needs
can be met with an API :) Sounds like massive selection bias.

> Now it does not mean that everything fits for an API. Large and mainly
> static data where the consumer needs to get all the data in order to
> work will not work with an API approach. On the other hand real-time
> data does fit with API (I know sounds obvious).

This kind of "obvious" statements should still be made, as they could be
useful in OKFN informational documents on open data. That's one
motivation for my somewhat overly detailed previous posts: Pieter,
should this conversation be worked into the Open Transport Data handbook?

-Andrew