[Open-transport] Open Data Public Transport List?

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Jul 19 09:39:02 UTC 2013

On 19 July 2013 09:21, Andrew Byrd <andrew at fastmail.net> wrote:

> On 07/19/2013 12:52 AM, Pieter Colpaert wrote:
> > A lot of these issues can already be tackled by installing CKAN plug-ins
> > (e.g. the geo-coverage) and I'm sure the alerter is not that difficult
> > either to implement in the CKAN instance.
>
> Does anyone have experience writing CKAN plugins? There needs to be one
> for GTFS.

This would be awesome! What you probably want is to hook into the preview
stuff:

http://docs.ckan.org/en/ckan-2.0/extensions.html#ckan.plugins.interfaces.IResourcePreview

As examples here are some existing ones:

PDF: https://github.com/okfn/ckan/tree/master/ckanext/pdfpreview
Text (including JSON):
https://github.com/okfn/ckan/tree/master/ckanext/textpreview
GeoJSON:
https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-spatial/blob/master/ckanext/spatial/nongeos_plugin.py#L43

I've also asked a question on stackoverflow to see if people have further
tips:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17742824/how-would-i-go-about-creating-an-extension-to-preview-gtfs-data-in-ckan

Rufus
*