[Open-transport] Stream of stoptimes to GTFS

Pieter Colpaert pieter.colpaert at okfn.org
Fri Dec 19 10:29:43 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I've just written this for the Belgian railway system:
https://github.com/iRail/brail2stoptimes

It's a nodejs library that returns a stream of "stoptimes" (1 arrival
and departure of 1 train on 1 location) between 2 dates of choice. Now I
would like to use this stream as an input for a script that converts
this to GTFS.

I figure there are many ways to do that, the most straightforward being
to store all the stoptimes in the stoptimes.txt as is, without
implementing rules to make trips recurrent. Are there however tools that
do something smarter? E.g., taking into account that Mondays are pretty
similar? Does someone have some tool that would make my life easy from
here? :)

Kind regards,

Pieter

--