[Open-transport] Stream of stoptimes to GTFS

Pieter Colpaert pieter.colpaert at okfn.org
Fri Dec 19 12:06:43 UTC 2014

Hi Thomas,

No, I'm trying to first get a stream of "stoptimes" [1], which can
indeed also be scraped through what you've referenced (implementation
detail I would say). This stream of stoptimes is fairly easy to get, for
any operator, for any mode. If we can now write code to convert streams
of stoptimes to GTFS, we have introduced an intermediate step where a
lot of other projects can start.

[1]
https://github.com/OpenTransport/vocabulary/blob/master/stoptimes/spec.md

Kind regards,

Pieter

On 2014-12-19 12:56, Thomas wrote:
> I do not understand your approach, you are trying to complete trips by
> scraping departure-boards along a period?
> Why not scrape pages like this:
> http://hafas.bene-system.com/bin/traininfo.exe/en/667404/227793/822440/188758/784?ld=atr&L=profi&station_evaId=8800090&station_type=dep&date=19.12.14&
> It even has a nice validity period below which can be translated into
> an calendar.
>
> On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 11:29 AM, Pieter Colpaert
> <pieter.colpaert at okfn.org <mailto:pieter.colpaert at okfn.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     I've just written this for the Belgian railway system:
>     https://github.com/iRail/brail2stoptimes
>
>     It's a nodejs library that returns a stream of "stoptimes" (1
>     arrival and departure of 1 train on 1 location) between 2 dates of
>     choice. Now I would like to use this stream as an input for a
>     script that converts this to GTFS.
>
>     I figure there are many ways to do that, the most straightforward
>     being to store all the stoptimes in the stoptimes.txt as is,
>     without implementing rules to make trips recurrent. Are there
>     however tools that do something smarter? E.g., taking into account
>     that Mondays are pretty similar? Does someone have some tool that
>     would make my life easy from here? :)
>
>     Kind regards,
>
>     Pieter
>
>     --
>
>     +32 486 74 71 22  <tel:%2B32%20486%2074%2071%2022>
>
>     Open Knowledge Foundation Belgium
>     http://okfn.be
>
>     Open Transport Working Group OKFN
>     http://transport.okfn.org