[Open-transport] Networking Request- Horizon 2020 Partnership Opportunities

Quinn Ferguson quinn.ferguson at reeep.org
Mon Feb 3 16:15:49 UTC 2014

Dear Open Transport Working Group Members,

As some of you may be working through the Horizon 2020 call for proposals
and seeing which opportunities you may be positioning yourselves for, I
thought I would use this email list to look for opportunities to work
together.  We at the Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership
(REEEP) in Vienna are looking for potential partners or contacts who would
like to work with REEEP as an organisation with extensive Linked Open Data
experience and over a year's worth of project development to apply this to
Sustainable Transportation planning.  To date we have been working on
proposals to open up data in Africa, Asia and Latin America to facilitate
Sustainable Transportation Planning.  Over the last year, our
international project experience puts us in a position of a 'testing' or
'use-case' partner for Horizon 2020.  And we are interested in exploring
how we can apply this experience to the European context or to European
companies that could benefit from this in their international work.  For
example, the opportunity highlighted below:

According to the H2020 Work Programme 2014-15, General Annexes, pp 8&9:
Research and innovation actions
establish new knowledge and/or to explore the feasibility of a new or
improved technology, product, process, service or solution. For this
purpose they may include basic and applied research, technology
development and integration, testing and validation on a small-scale
prototype in a laboratory or simulated environment.
•	Projects may contain closely connected but limited demonstration
or pilot activities aiming to show technical feasibility in a near to
operational environment.
•	Funding rate: 100%
Innovation actions
aiming at producing plans and arrangements or designs for new, altered or
improved products, processes or services. For this purpose they may
include prototyping, testing, demonstrating, piloting, large-scale product
validation and market replication.
•	A ‘demonstration or pilot’ aims to validate the technical and
economic viability of a new or improved technology, product, process,
service or solution in an operational (or near to operational)
environment, whether industrial or otherwise, involving where appropriate
a larger scale prototype or demonstrator.
Coordination and support actions
such as standardization, dissemination, awareness-raising and
communication, networking, coordination or support services, policy
dialogues and mutual learning exercises and studies, including design
studies for new infrastructure and may also include complementary
activities of strategic planning, networking and coordination between
programmes in different countries.

If anyone on this mailing list is interested in discussing this potential
partnership development further in the European transport planning context
with the use of Linked Open Data and use cases from projects and or
knowledge in developing countries - and how we can apply those use cases
in Europe / European companies - my colleagues would be interested in
having a discussion to explore this further.

Thank you for your time reading this and any recommendations you are
willing to provide.

Kind Regards,

Quinn Ferguson

Senior Project Manager

REEEP – Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership | International
Secretariat

tel:+43 1 26026 3247 | mobile: TBD | skype: reeep_q.ferguson | e-mail:
quinn.ferguson at reeep.org

web:www.reeep.org <http://www.reeep.org/>  & www.reegle.info
<http://www.reegle.info/>
find us: twitter.com/REEEP &www.facebook.com

Vienna International Center D-2166, Wagramerstrasse 5, 1400 Vienna,
Austria

REEEP supports SUSTAINABLE ENERGY FOR ALL
<http://www.sustainableenergyforall.org/>

Quinn