[Open-transport] GTFS feeds for The Netherlands

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Jan 20 12:41:16 UTC 2014

Hi Thomas,

This is great: would you be able to add this as a dataset to the Open
Transport organization on DataHub:

http://datahub.io/organization/opentransport

Please just let Pieter or I know your username and we'll add you and you
can then register the dataset.

Rufus

On 20 January 2014 12:01, Thomas <thomaskoch at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> We would like to announce that we are supplying a GTFS feed with transit
> data for virtually all bus/metro/train/tram and some ferry services in the
> Netherlands, it also contains most international connections towards
> Belgium, France, Germany and the UK. The feed is licensed under CC0 license
> without tedious constraints about what you can and cannot do with the data.
> The transit data used is supplied by transit agencies via the legal
> framework "OpenGeo ND-OV loket", in a transmodel derived format. The
> transmodel-data is then converted by us in to GTFS.
> Some technical details: the feed contains shapes for most operators and
> we've developed a workflow that generate shapes for all rail, tram and
> metro lines when missing. Currently the stop-locations are directly set by
> the operator but we're going to switch over to the IFOPT data-set when that
> becomes available, this will provide a very high quality, maintained
> stopplace clustering (GTFS: parent stations).
>
> We're also looking to incorporate fare information, but we're currently
> constrained by both the unavailability of this data and the lack of
> suitable structure in GTFS to model the fare-structure in the Netherlands.
> We're optimistic about the availability of fare information changing and
> the flexibility of GTFS.
> The feed also contains transfer information supplied by Dutch railways on
> specific trip-to-trip transfers, indicating whether a transfer is
> (im)possible on trip-to-trip detail.
>
> We're also offering a GTFS-realtime feed, currently under as-is, with
> tripupdates, vehicle-positions and alerts. The vehicle-positions and
> trip-updates contain almost all bus and tram lines and the Metro in
> Rotterdam (Amsterdam is in the works), the only trips not covered are
> vehicles not equipped with the necessary hardware. Real-time train
> information will also be available in the future but will likely require
> some new additions the GTFS-realtime standard such as platform changes.
>
> The feeds are available here:
> http://gtfs.ovapi.nl/nl/gtfs-nl.zip
> http://gtfs.ovapi.nl/nl/alerts.pb
> http://gtfs.ovapi.nl/nl/vehiclePositions.pb
> http://gtfs.ovapi.nl/nl/tripUpdates.pb
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Thomas Koch
> OVapi

*Rufus PollockFounder and Executive Director | skype: rufuspollock |
@rufuspollock <https://twitter.com/rufuspollock>The Open Knowledge
Foundation <http://okfn.org/>Empowering through Open
Knowledgehttp://okfn.org/ <http://okfn.org/> | @okfn
<http://twitter.com/OKFN> | OKF on Facebook