[Open-transport] Public Transport schedules in Europe: legal question

Matthias Hübner matthias.hubner at free.fr
Thu Oct 9 14:07:21 UTC 2014

Hello Peter,

I think it depends on local law. Here in Europe imho the timetables are not
copyrightable. Everybody may use the same tables. But, in some cases,
German/French law e.g. you have to get the rights to operate. You need a
licence to operate. Operating licence is given by local authorities.

And, for timetables, there is no need to copyright them. You will not have
any constraints with a publisher to use your offer! You will be happy not
to pay for this advertisement.

Other perspective for the layout of a published timetable. I am shure the
layout  (fonts, graphixs, etc..) is copyrightable.

Kind regards,
Matthias