[Open-transport] We Move Project : Open Delays

Stefan Kaufmann transit at shutterworks.org
Sat Oct 25 17:43:05 UTC 2014

On 17.10.2014 10:21, Pieter Colpaert wrote:

> But then again... is this information protectable? I think not: no
> creativity is involved and the Sui Generis law is not applicable as it
> is a logical consequence of driving trains. I would not bother with the
> legal question here.

IP legislation is only one aspect, though. If I were working for a
transit agency's legal department (which I ain't), I would have provided
the API and website with a license agreement stating allowed and
non-allowed uses of that data.

The Google scraping comparison also doesn't hold well – robots.txt has
been in existence for about 20 years now, and has widely been honored by
crawlers.

That said: Bring it on, I love transit-data related lawsuits, and OKF
will hopefully provide legal cover, right? Right?! :D

regards,
-stk