[Open-transport] Wishes for Open Transit Data

Thomas thomaskoch at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 16:22:20 UTC 2015

Simply, the format they use internally to exchange the timetable itself
(HAFAS raw data?) to/from other parties.

Additionally a GTFS conversion would be useful for a larger segment of the
community but it's expected that a lot of useful information about
transfers is lost and maintained less strict. Although i think that the
"large railway company" already supplies to Google Transit, so i assume the
quality will be higher than what SNCF for example publishes on it's
opendata website.

My experience with GTFS is that it requires a lot of work and patience to
get it to work with the advanced concepts known in the railway-world such
as transfers-durations and potion working (Flügelung).

I think that the open-transport community is capable to make a better GTFS
conversion than DB, based on my experience with the GTFS Dutch Railways
once supplied to Google Transit and the data they now supply.

Kind regards,

Thomas Koch