[Open-transport] Open Transport session at the IODC?

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Tue Jul 26 12:28:06 UTC 2016

Looking at the subjects last year, the agenda this year and the type of
persons that are attracted to buy tickets for $$$ the direction where a
Open Transport session might be accepted is if it is rebranded as Open
Urban Planning. Some of us work in the direction, others may frown.

The point is that a lot of the sessions seem targeted towards policy
makers and not actually the community that produces or is involved with
the data. That is deliberate the community is foremost interested in an
unconference and a hackathon to do stuff and is not willing to pay $$$.

For fun take a look at the Data + Transport section. http://sched.co/7P05
Have you ever seen these names on this mailinglist? Or any other
mailinglist in the bigger ecosystem like GTFS, etc.?

My guess: these people are part of the World Bank & Horizon 2020 money
laundering machine.

If you are really interested in a conference towards Open Transport maybe
this is your thing:

<http://wiki.lafabriquedesmobilites.fr/index.php?title=Atelier_N%C2%B01_de_la_communaut%C3%A9_des_logiciels_libres&veaction=edit&vesection=1>

I'm personaly not willing to travel into a high risk city where the
country is in a state of emergency. But you might think differently.

Stefan