[open-visualisation] Mini-project to review open source visualisation tools?

Andrew Vande Moere andrew at infosthetics.com
Tue Nov 2 10:24:08 UTC 2010

Hi Margit and others,

For those interested in the topic, I have uploaded 2 papers that I
think might be relevant.

How Information Visualization Novices Construct Visualizations, Lars
Grammel, Melanie Tory and Margaret-Anne Storey
https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B9Ps-AiABns7MWFjYzI4MTEtMGYyNy00ZWQ0LTg2ZTMtZGVlYTIyNmI4OTU3&hl=en&authkey=CLbBj84C

Creation and Collaboration: Engaging New Audiences for Information
Visualization, Jeffrey Heer, Frank van Ham, Sheelagh Carpendale,
ChrisWeaver, and Petra Isenberg
https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B9Ps-AiABns7YTYzYWZlNGEtZThmYy00NmU1LTk4YzAtMWM0MjZhZDllYWJk&hl=en&authkey=CNrGwbwH

Please do not publish these papers in a public (online) place. For
what reason whatsoever, publicly-funded academic research results that
are published are protected by copyright.

I am also happy to introduce you to various people in the field :)...
(e.g. Gephi seems to be missing in the current list?)

Greetings - Andrew.