[open-visualisation] 2 great examples

Tim McNamara paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Thu Jun 23 23:20:56 UTC 2011

I thought I would share a few things from teh interwebz:

Visualising conversations & sentiment analysis:
http://gis.massey.landcareresearch.co.nz/~cwm/magnetic/index.html
I've tried several times to visualise conversations and so I must admit that
I'm a little grumpy with how such a simple idea can be so effective. It
looks like a dendrogram works really well. Nice work Chris! (p.s. you should
join this list ;)

All atom bomb tests up until 1998:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLCF7vPanrY
This one will surprise you. I love how the artist creates a natural suspense
as the cold war emerges. And, 8-bit sounds FTW.

kthxbai