[openbiblio-dev] Scope of list
pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Jun 26 10:10:48 UTC 2010
First - great idea to set up this list.
It will be useful to scope out the scope of *-dev mails. My own list would
be something like:
* technical discussions of existing bibliographic standards (MARC, FRBR, DC,
* semantic transformation and loss between standards
* software for managing all aspects of bibliography (ingest, authoring,
* technical aspects of licences (e.g. machine-readability, linking on web
* schemas and schema design
* identifier systems
* text mining
* indexing (e.g. Lucene)
* "simple" subsets of metadata (what is the "minimum bibliographic entry")
* technology for recursive and nested bibliography
* technology for dynamic bibliography
* design of versions
I would also like the list to "own" formal specifications - e.g.
* where is the relevant part of the current MARC/FRBR/DC spec?
* how is a DOI resolved?
* definitive ISO codes for languages
* OKF bibliographic identifier system (I think we shall need one)
* links into LOD
I would expect the following to be more suitable for *-discuss
* details of a particular bibliography (unless they were technical or
* legal issues
* political issues
* policy on licences
* interaction with bibliographic authorities
Reader in Molecular Informatics
Unilever Centre, Dep. Of Chemistry
University of Cambridge
CB2 1EW, UK
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the openbiblio-dev